Quadruple Chocolate Scones with Dark Cocoa Chili Lush Nuts Peanuts
Posted on Wednesday, May 20 2015 03:52:00 PM in News by Bisera Urdarevik
Day 3 of the Lush Nuts Scone Series, and it's all about chocolate.
Is there such a thing as too much chocolate? I didn't think so. With this recipe I challenged myself to up my game from this post where I did a triple chocolate donut to incorporating chocolate four different ways. Alright, here we go!
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (great compliment to chocolate)
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/4" cubes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup for drizzling on top
1. Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt in a medium bowl, and combine to make a homogenous mixture.
2. Add cold butter and break down with fingers into pea-sized bits.
3. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and Lush Nuts and toss evenly.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the heavy cream and egg. Add to flour mixture and combine until it forms into a dough. Careful not to kneed and crush the Lush Nuts.
5. Move dough onto a clean surface and flatten into a 1" tall disk.
6. Cut the disk into 8 even wedges, like a pizza. Place onto a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through. You cane use a toothpick to check if they're done.
7. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. While cooling, melt the additional 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl at 6 second increments. This will slowly melt the chocolate without cooking it.
8. Once the scones are completely cool, drizzle the tops with melted chocolate and allow them to set. Or if you're impatient like me.. dig in right away!