Hot Curry Peanut Lo Mein with Broccoli Florets
Posted on Sunday, October 19 2014 04:20:00 PM in News by Bisera Urdarevik
In this recipe – Hot Curry Lush Nuts
1 package of Lo Mein noodles (approx. 8oz)
1 -5oz package Hot Curry Lush Nuts
½ tsp sesame seed oil
3 tsp. soy sauce
2 broccoli stems
2 scallion stems
- Add about ¾ of a cup of the Hot Curry Lush Nuts package into a food processor. Pulse and grind until it becomes peanut butter, about 10 minutes. See the stages below:
- Bring a quart of water to boil and add the lo mein noodles. Cook until al dente (slight bite). Remove about 1 cup of water from the cooked noodles and place to the side for the sauce. Strain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets and set aside. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add the florets, and blanch for about 3-4 minutes. The florets should keep their color, but just slightly give in their firmness. Strain immediately and run under cold water to stop cooking; this is so that they keep their crunch.
- Add the sesame oil and soy sauce to a deep sauce pan. Place on low heat for about 30 seconds and then add the Lush Nuts peanut butter. The sauce will be very thick, so slowly add the reserved lo mein water until you have a fluid consistency. See the stages below.
- Slice the scallions into thin rings and place to the side for garnish.
- Add the cooked lo mein noodles and broccoli florets to the sauce. Stir to fully coat. As you’ll see I removed about ½ of the peanut sauce, but ended up adding it back later. The noodles actually absorbed quite a bit of the sauce and became dry. So, I would recommend using the entire sauce. Serve in a bowl and top with chopped scallions and the remaining Lush Nuts for crunch.
Inspired to make this recipe? Use code ‘lomein’ for $1 off a package of Hot Curry Lush Nuts.