Gluten-Free Buttermilk Banana Bread with Cinnamon Spice Peanuts
Posted on Friday, November 30 2018 01:19:00 PM in News by Lina Miller
We've officially hit Winter. Yeah, we know it technically starts at the end of December, but if the snow is falling... we're in full-on Winter mode. And one of our favorite ways to pass the gloomy Michigan days of winter is baking! Freshly made baked goods -when done right- are the perfect host gift, the best way to cheer up a friend and make the most delicious snack to keep around the house.
We're kicking off this baking season with Gluten-Free Buttermilk Banana Bread with a Cinnamon Spice Peanut topping.
Ingredients (yields 1 loaf)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup applesauce
3 medium-sized bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cups almond flour (we like Bobs Red Mill)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Lush Gourmet Cinnamon Spice Peanuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
2. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, bananas, white and brown sugar until thoroughly combined.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Add to banana mixture. Stir the mixture lightly to ensure the batter is not over-mixed. Top with chopped Cinnamon Spice Peanuts.
4. Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
5. Cool on countertop for at least 1 hour before slicing into loaf. Serve & enjoy!