5 Ingredient Coconut Lavender Granola Bar
Posted on Monday, July 09 2018 12:57:00 PM in News by Alie Sherwin
Summer is in full swing and we’re ready to go camping (well… “glamping”). It can be hard to eat healthy on a camping or road trip with chips, hot dogs, and s’mores galore! That's where this 5 ingredient granola bar comes to play. These bars are packed with protein, completely delicious, and will keep you going whether you’re hitting the trail or just relaxing by the beach.
You can mix & match ingredients to fit your taste buds/food preferences but we’re loving this combo lately:
- 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats (We used Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats!)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Lush Gourmet Coconut Lavender Almonds
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup dates (or dried apricots)
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- Process dates in food processor until they form a thick paste (mixture may begin to roll into a ball, that's when you know its ready!)
- In a medium mixing bowl mix date paste, Coconut Lavender Almonds, and oats together.
- Warm maple syrup and almond butter in small microwave bowl for 30 seconds. Pour over oat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer your mixture to an 8x8 baking dish and press down firmly to evenly flatten the mixture.
- Cover baking dish with lid or plastic wrap and set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from dish and chop into 10 even bars. You can store the bars in an airtight container in your fridge for a few days or your freezer for a few months!